Closed Nov. 26th & 27th
BrightRidge offices will be closed November 26th and 27th for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving from your friends at BrightRidge!
Don't be a victim!
Please be aware that BrightRidge receives regular comments from residential and commercial customers regarding scammers. Scammers will often pose as utility bill collectors or BrightRidge employees via phone, emails, or in-person, in order to steal your personal information and money. These scams often target the elderly, non-English speakers, and businesses, but anyone can fall victim to these scams especially during the summer, winter, and holiday seasons. The winter time is the most common time for scams to happen as the threat of losing power during cold weather can be enough to freeze your common sense.
Keep your cool and remember the tips below in mind!
Be aware of the types of scams!
Learn to protect yourself!
- If you receive a phone call, ask for the person's name, department, and phone number. Then call BrightRidge's HR Department at (423) 952-5162 to confirm the representative's identity and the validity of their requests. Calls are answered 8am to 5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Check your account status with SmartHub to know immediately the state of your account if a scammer contacts you.
- Never share your personal information such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, social security number, or date of birth over phone or email unless you initiated the contact and feel confident with whom you are speaking.
- If you believe you have been a victim of a scam, immediately report the incident to your local police and the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP. If you already have provided information to a possible scammer, contact your bank immediately. Also contact the three national credit bureaus - Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion - and request a notation made on your account so that it doesn't impact your credit rating.
- Share this information with friends and family so they don't become victims of scams. The elderly are common victims.