Stop Residential Service


To stop your electric service, follow the steps listed below. You may also stop your service by calling Customer Service or in person at 2600 Boones Creek Road, Johnson City.  Service requests received after 3pm will be processed the next business day.  If you have any questions, please contact a Customer Service Representative at (423) 952-5000 or by emailing

Please note we are unable to process service requests dated more than 30 days from the date of the application, service requests dated for weekends and holidays, and backdated service requests. 

  1. Complete this form to stop electric service to an existing meter.
  2. Upload an image of a valid driver’s license or state issued ID. 
  3. Submit the form by signing electronically and selecting the submit button.
  4. Once you complete the form, a copy will be emailed to you for your records.