Date Posted: 11/27/20
A job opening exists in the BrightRidge Marketing & Energy Services Department for a Marketing Supervisor.
Essential Functions of the job:
- In conjunction with the CDMSO, develop and manage a marketing and sales strategy for existing and new customer accounts. This strategy will encompass electric and broadband services serving residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
- In conjunction with the CDMSO, develop and manage annual marketing and advertising budgets.
- Manage the execution of marketing programs/special promotions to achieve business goals.
- Plan and supervise the development and implementation of support materials as well as advertising and promotion activities to advance BrightRidge products, services, brand, and public image.
- Plan, organize, and implement special marketing events in coordination with key stakeholders specific to that event. (ie: Broadband, Board of Directors, CEO and Officers, Human Resources, Operations Employees, etc.)
- Serve as company-wide liaison for all mass marketing vendors, including but not limited to print, online, electronic media, outdoor, broadcast, and printing services.
- Monitor competitors’ activities and perform competitive market research to suggest appropriate response tactics.
- Assist in preparing timely (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, or as needed) records and reports for business goal tracking and campaign effectiveness.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and be a change agent within the organization of applicable technologies to achieve marketing goals.
- Attend meetings, special events, tradeshows, and marketing events as needed.
- Maintain a record of all marketing efforts to track effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain reliable, predictable, and reasonable attendance. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal (other employees and departments) and external (TVA, APPA, TVPPA, QCN, vendors, etc.) customers.
- Must be willing to communicate management decisions and have the ability to make difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Delegates to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to learn quickly and easily disseminate information.
- Attention to detail and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of social media platforms and email campaigns and how to best utilize these for marketing and sales.
- Must have demonstrated experience with digital marketing campaigns.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and other applicable software applications.
- Must be highly self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent analytical abilities with proven problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
- Directly responsible for a positive working environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service standards.
- Must maintain a high sense of safety when performing job duties, at external facilities or businesses, when operating a company vehicle, and throughout the office.
Work requires standing, balancing, vision, talking and hearing. Frequent forward bending, walking, handling, fingering, depth perception and simple grasp for machine control operation is required. Often work may require constant sitting, handling, fingering, feeling, fine manipulation, vision, hearing, talking, as well as arm/hand use and simple grasp for machine control operation. Employee will occasionally lift/carry up to 39 pounds.
Approximately 75% of work is performed in an indoor climate-controlled office environment with appropriate lighting. The remaining time could be spent outside in the field or in other facilities where marketing activities take place in possible non-temperature-controlled environments. Must be able to ambulate on uneven terrain and various business settings. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in marketing, public relations, journalism, business administration, or an equivalent.
- Previous business experience may be commensurate provided work skills and abilities are directly related to applied position specifications.
- Three to five years of prior marketing experience, preference with electric or broadband activities.
- Three to five years of supervision with direct reports experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing plans for goal achievement.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume by December 11, 2020.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer/Disability/Vet/TNDFWP