Date Posted: 06/14/19
A job opening exists in the BrightRidge Administration Department for a Chief Development & Market Strategy Officer.
The incumbent will be responsible for utilizing deep industry knowledge and expertise to identify pervasive challenges, create strategies, and build and maintain key relationships with community segments to further improve the quality of life in our community. Additional duties include: Organize, develop, and implement programs to promote community understanding and support of BrightRidge programs, services, and policies. Serve as a catalyst and liaison with neighborhood, community, and key stakeholder groups to publicize support services through which problems, processes, issues, and information can be exchanged between BrightRidge and the community to promote economic growth and stability as well as good customer/public relations. Identify and develop innovative solutions to address the rapidly evolving energy and broadband markets to include infrastructure, connected enterprise, capital deployment, and industry solutions. Market new and existing products. Manage projects to ensure adherence to schedules, efficiencies, and cost effectiveness. Oversee BrightRidge public and community relations.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Energy Services & Marketing Department, Economic Development, Project Management, Products and Services Development, and Public Affairs by building and coaching a high-performance team.
- Ensure proper contract negotiations, develop proposals, and encourage industrial relations and expansion.
- Leverage resources to manage timeliness and budget adherence of large BrightRidge projects.
- Provide input on the annual budget as it relates to product development, promotion, and project management.
- Work with executive leadership and legal to develop solutions and services as well as business plans to support economic development, project management, products and services, along with new products and services development.
- Support the creation of and strengthen relationships with TVA, state economic development agencies, relational industrial development associations, community leaders, local economic development professionals, site selection consultants, and/or other appropriate economic development contacts.
- Accountable for activities and marketing relating to TVA’s involvement with industrial development and power supply matters for prospective new or expanding companies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the region’s economic development assets such as industrial property and all available buildings.
- Identify complex problems and market trends especially related to the utility and telecom industry.
- Meet with and make presentations to business leaders, articulate next steps clearly, assist in site selection, discuss potential risks, and provide them with information necessary to make informed business decisions.
- Seek to promote new and existing products and services, which are in the best interest of the customer.
- Develop Distributed Energy and other energy and telecom product offerings for the business. Take from concept to business plan to implementation.
- Maintain a customer information database.
- Coordinate activities to achieve initiatives set by area Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development entities which pertain to the economic growth of our service area.
- Provide assistance/consultation with management and prospective customers and contractors, make presentations to the Board of Directors and other interested groups.
- Prepare/analyze/provide comparative data, industrial studies/surveys and other information.
- Coordinate time sensitive responses to requests for information/proposals from prospective customers.
- Develop specific sales efforts for prospective customers and assist in the development of departmental advertising/promotions.
- Perform industry and market research in order to stay abreast of up-to-date industry developments that relate to economic development and community activities.
- Promote BrightRidge by speaking at events.
- Lead BrightRidge’s environmental stewardship strategy.
- Build, maintain, and enhance relationships with emerging and/or expanding companies.
- 10 years’ experience in business development, product development, sales and promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Engineering or Business a plus.
- Knowledge of utility operations, product development and construction management is preferred.
- Background in utility business case development for new products and services a plus.
- Experience in operationalizing Distributed Energy Resource (DER) integration into traditional utilities a plus.
- Familiarity with community and professional organizations is desired.
- Experience working with economic development and public relations initiatives is desired.
- Any combination of previous business experience, certification, training and/or education may be commensurate provided work skills and abilities are directly related to applied position specifications.
Incumbent must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must possess excellent relationship management and people skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and easily disseminate information.
- Must be reliable, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, and require no direct supervision.
- Must possess the qualities of discretion and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of the work.
- Knowledge of BrightRidge’s service territory.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in latest version Microsoft Office program suite.
- Must be self-motivated, display innovation to address next-generation industry solutions, and demonstrate initiative towards accomplishing expected company policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, articulate clearly.
- Strong understanding of financials and business acumen required to forecast, manage and operate significant projects.
- Must possess knowledge of the principles of basic electricity and telecom.
- Familiarity with BrightRidge programs and services.
- Must have a working knowledge of the mission and operations of BrightRidge and TVA.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally, partnering with relevant team members to produce quality work, products, and services.
- Must possess an effective working knowledge of all functions in departments of responsibility; such as, but not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive services
- Educational presentations for schools and nonprofit organizations
- Key accounts
- Programs and services
- Economic development
- Public relations, Public speaking
- Project management
- Budget adherence, Cost containment
- Relationship building
- Positive communications
- Utilities industry – industry business drivers and motivators
- Electric distribution, demand response and energy efficient programs
Only qualified applicants will be considered. Applications and resumes must be submitted by Friday, July 12, 2019. EEO/M/F/TNDFWP.