Date Posted: 09/11/20
BrightRidge is currently accepting applications for the position of Fiber Optic Infrastructure Technician. The incumbent will be responsible for the installation of, modification to, analysis of, termination of, and suitability for, various types of fiber optic and other communication cables in support of BrightRidge operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to):
- Technical support for the operational integrity of various communication systems in support of all BrightRidge field operations.
- Maintain a full understanding of all cable types, termination types. and routing techniques in use and anticipated by BrightRidge.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to ensure proper service delivery, timely project completion, and quality craftsmanship.
- Accurately interpret all assigned work in the form of schematic drawings, splicing assignment worksheets, cable routing diagrams, and required end termination points.
- Provide accurate as-built information in support of BrightRidge intellectual property and documentation.
- Splice fiber optic cables, maintain fiber optic infrastructure, and operate equipment (optical devices, bucket truck, digger, etc.).
- Build and construct outside fiber plant projects.
- Diagnose and repair fiber optic infrastructure damage
- Complete required paperwork and support documentation.
- Assist in planning and preparing drawings for construction/relocation of new or existing overhead or underground lines, cables, and conduits to obtain optimum and economical utilization of communications faciliites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possess good working relationship skills with both internal and external personnel and various outside organizations in support of BrightRidge operations.
- Maintain full understanding and operational use of provided diagnostic equipment including OTDR’s, Power Meters, fusion splicers, and other diagnostic equipment.
- Have an understanding of electrical substation operations and field equipment to insure safe working conditions.
- Maintain full understanding of broadband communication huts and field equipment to insure safe working conditions.
- Maintain full understanding of LCC cabinet assemblage including splitter distribution and organization.
- Be able to schedule and complete maintenance work with outside vendors and other partners of IRU fiber.
- Possess solid understanding of a fiber optic network, including backbone, distribution, drops, electronic components, cabinets, splitters, splice points, jumpers, huts, hand holes, vaults and pedestals.
- Must maintain knowledge of current industry advances and techniques to ensure BrightRidge utilizes the most efficient installation and support methods.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer relations skills both verbal and written.
Ability to work in confined areas for long periods of time. Ability to lift, carry, set-up, use, and take down ladders. Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work in confined areas for long periods of time. Must have the ability to lift, carry, set-up and take down ladders.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Location of work varies between an indoor climate-controlled office environment with appropriate lighting and outside in varying weather conditions on varying terrains. May also be exposed to noise, dust, dirt or various other particles and moving mechanical parts as you traverse throughout manufacturing facilities and/or various business settings.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Degree in Electronics Engineering preferred; equivalent experience in OSP support may substitute for education.
- Two years of progressive experience in managing fiber optic network splicing, construction, maintenance and support preferred.
- Prior specialized training, certifications, and experience in broadband preferred.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer/Disability/Vet/TNDFWP
Qualified candidates should complete the on-line application, and attach combined cover letter/resume by Friday, September 25, 2020.