Date Posted: 09/13/19
A job opening exists in the BrightRidge Data Department for a Billing and Business Process Manager.
This position will have dual responsibilities including Billing Operations and Business Process Management. Responsible for supervising and directing the daily activities of Billing Department personnel while ensuring accurate and timely billing for all BrightRidge services including electric, solar, internet, video, and voice. Maintains the integrity of electric interval data within the Meter Data Management System (MDMS). Evaluates current business processes and works collaboratively across departments to ensure processes are aligned with BrightRidge’s goals for quality, consistency, and outstanding customer service. Collaborates with BrightRidge stakeholders in the process development for offering new services and programs.
Essential functions include:
Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Billing Department
- Serve as an internal consultant for business process improvement and development
- Develop strategies to drive innovation and efficiency with existing and future business processes; monitor progress to ensure changes are yielding positive results
- Maintain documentation of business process changes and future revisions
- Creates annual billing calendar consisting of date cycle billed, due date, draft date, meter reading date, and service date
- Remain current with NISC CIS, ABS, MDMS, and Tantalus release notes, changes, and updates; provide ongoing training for Billing personnel
- Ensures rates in billing software are updated as needed
- Serve as the primary contact for all Billing related functions and questions
- Maintains the monthly process for completing unbilled revenue
- Responsible for verification of minimum contracts and tax-exempt accounts
- Maintains the monthly Billing dashboard to include MDM edits, number of customers billed by cycle, and billing corrections completed
- Responsible for completing monthly DOE reports and interval data exports
- Makes recommendations regarding the hiring, advancement, and discipline of Billing Department employees; complete annual performance reviews and set goals
- Ability to maintain reliable, predictable and reasonable attendance
Skills & Abilities
Must have the ability to give and receive information regarding routes and billing and exchange information regarding disconnects, new services, re-reads, map locations, security lights & other matters necessary to ensure accurate records
- Must possess complete knowledge of all department functions and policies and be able to interpret service policies and procedures
- Must be able to effectively build a team, resolve conflicts, and train personnel
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and communicate effectively
- Must be proficient in the latest version of Microsoft office
- Must possess understanding to carry out instructions furnished in a written or oral form
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in or from standardized situations
- Must have the ability to demonstrate initiative to apply one’s self toward accomplishing expected company policies and procedures
Bachelor’s degree and at least six years of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of experience working in a billing department with three years in a supervisory role preferred
- Demonstrated experience in change management and developing a culture of innovation and collaboration among different work groups strongly preferred
- Experience with NISC’s CIS, ABS, and MDMS preferred
- Experience with the Tantalus AMI system preferred
Work requires constant sitting, handling, fingering, feeling, fine manipulation, vision, hearing, talking, and arm/hand use for machine control operation. Frequent reaching is required. Occasional lifting of less than 10 pounds. Indoor climate-controlled office environment with appropriate lighting. Some overnight travel required.
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Online applications must be submitted by Friday, October 4.